sidebar title

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ok, a little less rushed today. I made it to the SWAP center for my oriantation an hour early and I'm using the computers there to make this post (I'm going to have to run off and work on my CV soon). Which incidently suck a lot less than ones at the hostel.

Speaking of the hostel, although I got a nights sleep, it was pretty broken up. I think I woke up about 6 or 7 times. That said, I'm feeling pretty fine, and the gratis breakfast is nice. I met a couple of other BUNAC'ers at the Hostel too, who helped me find the SWAP center. I'll probably see them later at the oriantation. I also sat in on a documentry some people at the center where watching about "the aristocrats" joke, although I can't explain here as children might be reading.

The hostel had TON'S of info on local jobs, events, transport and places to rent. I'm slightly less worried about the impending job/home hunt. They also have various hostel run events during the weekdays (like a pub crawl =D) I still haven't decide if I'm going to try and get a cellphone, although the prospect of having one does seem very attractive. I'm worried it's going to make a big dent in my budget though.

I decided to walk to the SWAP center, it's quite a few blocks from the Hostel, took me about 20 minutes to find (including 5 minutes getting lost time). I'm starting to get my head around navigating blocks, the main problem lies in knowing which direction to go, when you have two intersecting streets the only way to be certain of the right direction without some kind of point of referance is compass points. The weather is quite cold, but has a nice fresh moutain air quality you don't get in miserable old england.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't get a cellphone until AFTER you've moved out of the hostel and have a sturdy enough job, okay?

Until then, you can call me from Shannon's house. =D

11:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you remember to take compass?

M x x x

2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Ollie....How's he supposed to get a job when he doesn't have a contact number?

3:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your feeling happier about finding a job and that you have met other BUNACers. Has snowed/sleeted all day today, been bloody miserable but... I was offered the job, (if you remeber I was going to an interview today), think I will take it - talk of contacts and holiday pay and resonable finish times Yay!!

Miss you baby bro

4:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Emmuh's right.

D'oh!

6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home