sidebar title

Friday, November 24, 2006

Ok, so I gots some back tracking to do; but first, let me set the scene, if you will. For conditions for this post. About a fortnight ago, my adorable lady friend, Shana, expressed some intrest in playing the online game FFXI. Since I used to play, I said I would return to my old account so she could test play on it and I could play with her once I had either bought an additional copy or returned home and worked out how to pay for her account (we'll get to that part).

Two weeks later, after many phonecalls, texts, wasted time online and so on, I final resorted to getting up a 7am (on a day off T_T) to go to an internet cafe so I could talk to the tec support in england (office hours 1am-9am pacific time) and pass them the various bits of information I had gleaned in my spare time. My props to the person on the end of the line for being pleasent, respectful and very very helpfull. Never the less, it was still a fucking trial. That was just to get accsess back to an account I already owned.

So now it's 10am. I've still got the nightmare of setting Shana up with her own account. I've acctauly taken RBC up on thier offer of a pre-approved card JUST so I can charge an EPassporte up untill HSBC (the worlds local bank, who apparently no, can't help me with speeding up any transactions in england even though they have branches here *headsmack*) send my card paperwork home, and then it gets here, then I fill it out, sign it and send it back. There will be complications. The stupid thing is, I don't want credit. I hate credit. Square Enix, however, are dead set against anything that isn't visa or mastercard.

In short, I got up stupidly early this morning to bring a stupid convoluted chase to a close. I'm tired, but mildly satisfied. So now I'll talk about the rest of my week that DIDN'T involve making repeate phone calls/emails/complaints to my family/bank/video game company.

On Sunday I went to The Grates gig at the media club. Just as, if not more awesome than the Limerick Junction gig I had seen a few months ago. The Grates are the cutest thing to come out of New Zealand ever. I rant into a work friends roomate and an Aussie guy (they get everywhere in Vancouver, it's something to do with Whis-lah :p). I also picked up thier CD, really really cool. Best box art I've seen in years. The tunes are pretty good. Although thier live work is supirior. Theres nothing quite the same as seeing how crazy, bouncy and smily thier lead singer gets on stage. Also, the band that oppened for the, TV Heart Attack, where pretty good. If not a little generic.

Monday, I was supposed to go to the poetry slam but skipped out. I wanted to take Shana but she wasn't in a people mood. Apparently it was Triple D Day at the arcade (don't ask me, danmed if I know) and the place would be packed. Instead I sat around at home and played Katamari Damancy.

Toosday was Jen's gig at Limerick Junction. A little jam session with a few other people on the vancouver music scene. A bunch of JJBeaners went, Sophie (the cute french one), Jordan (the one who wears too much denim) and Meg (the dangerously well adjusted one). Together, we had waaaay to much to drink. Sophie and I had plotted to stop Meg from going home to her boyfriend, but that fell through. I went and rescued her from the ladies washroom, a rather daring move for me I think, and we leaned on each other back to the skytrain station. Apparently, I'm the only one who doesn't have girl/boy problems right now. Or at least problems I hadn't fully expected to come up against.

Wednesday. I checked in at the re-opened Video Monster loung (Duran's chef ran off. I think he owed somone money) and found out Duran was throwing a gaming event on Thursdays. I got a couple of people to show up (Matt and the Gaming friends and one attached girl). Although as usual Duran was kinda patchy and it took about an hour to get the gaming going. It was still pretty awesome though. I'm going to discuss it with Naomi to see if theres much I can do to help ship the event cos I think it rocks.

I also managed to find time to book an appointment at Joji's to get my hair cut. I have this alergic reaction to people holding sharp objects near my face; but feel marginaly safer with a student than just a cheap barber cut. I do have semi-difficult hair. Either way, I'm going to be shorter and lighter soon. But I do have a couple of photos of the mop of black I have right now. I just haven't gotten around to copying them off my camera.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a truly action-packed and interesting time. Might be really interesting to get involved in promoting the games evening - just to learn what works and doesn't in terms of getting people to turn up and what makes money. And just because you have a credit card doesn't mean you have to use it. And to be very dull and boring here having one and managing it properly like always paying on time helps you build a good credit record for when you do want to borrow money for something big like a mortgage.

Seems like you have seen some interesting bands. Seeing music live is just so much more than listening to a CD.

Please make sure you definitely post some before and after haircut pix.

5:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the World's Local Bank. The bank that can't find any staff to take the details of a server holding 100s of people's Internet banking details stolen by a computer virus. Even the woman I spoke to could hardly believe she couldn't find anyone to help. Ho hum!

Tell me more of these gaming events - they sound interesting. Gaming Cafe, rather than Internet Cafe...I suppose coffee would need to be in large quantities if it's open as late as a Gaming Cafe should be :-)

4:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto re Hair pics.

M x x x

3:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home