sidebar title

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Animé Evolution: Con Day 2

I went in "Cosplaying" today. I put that in quotes not because I don't consider it anything other than a legitimate term, but that cosplay refers specifically to a famous character within animé/geek culture; Which is not what I was dressed as.

I went as Lexly el Torian the 1st; Catboy, Descendent of the Dreamfell, Security officer of the Starship Arcadium and a true and blue (well his fur is purple...) gentleman. In short, Anime's first EVER British catguy. By augmenting my power with a sign that read "FACT: Glomping (Tackle/Hug at high speed, although broadly can refer to any kind of affection anime converntion hug) British animé fans saves starving kittens" it turned out to be damn fun. Looked pretty cool too.

At a rate of one kitten for each glomp at each encounter. Two for a kiss. Half a kitten for people too lazy to get up (thus, glomping my legs). I managed to save a grand total of 143 kittens and 2 dolphins from starving. 223 if I count the girl who said that her hug had "better saved like, eighty kittens". Whilst doing this:-
-My cloak clasp on my costume broke 4 times on account of the fact I had underestimated "glomp proof".
-I was glomped by 7 men, one of which was Baron Von Humpldinkfrom "The Cat Returns", who rubbed my back in a slightly sexy fashion.
-I met a whole slew of awesome people including some girls who would become my very own group of fangirls. I failed to get a picture of them because of my stupid camera
-Two people drew pictures of Lexly without request, one of them spent a great deal of time hugging me :)
-One of my Glompee's was a naked plushie...
-Ed clocked in the fastest glomp, having taken 4 meters run up. She got spun as a reward.
-Two people borrowed my sign "without permission".
-I was glomped by Chi (Chobits), Yuffie, Tifa, Aries and Cloud (Final Fantasy VII, Yuffie gave me an "I was got tagged by Yuffie" sticker, Aries gave me a flower), Kira (Jak and Daxter) , Domo (Don't know), A bunch of Naruto Characters, Edward Elric (Full Metal Alchemist), Riku Axel Larexene Sora and Roxas (Kingdom Hearts), Black Mage and White Mage (8-bit Theater) among many many others I don't remember.

When I wasn't busy glomping for the kittens and the good of my country, I found time to stop by the Cosplay contest and watch Link fight a Coucou and Fighter give a talk about how much he loved swords. I also slipped in to check out the King of the Bishounen walk off, Round 2. Even though the display the previous days competition had put on scarred me for LIFE, I gained this morbid curiosity about it. It was less racy for the most part, thankfully. Captain Blue, Viewtiful Joe and Zack where all particulerly impresive, I grabbed a photo of them all together after There was a very interesting Pirates Vs Ninja match up. Pirates won...this round. AHA!

I checked out the artists alley, and very very nearly bought some really awesome art in the form of Spike (Cowboy Bebop) drawn in a super realistic style. In addition to not wasting my money on that, I also managed to restrain myself and not buy a really awesome Kingdom Hearts Keychain (to go with my Stand Alone Complex laughing man Keyring). Speaking of which, I didn't see the Laughing Man himself, my eyes got hacked.

Later there was the traditional Animé Con dance. After spending some time getting crazy on the dancefloor, showing off how awesome my cloak looked when I did spins. I decided to be daring and go and ask one of my favourite glompee's for a dance, like a true gentleman.

Now for the record, I would like to state, I HATE the dancing ritual. It's stupid, even though it seems dashing and gentlemanly on the surface, it's weighed against people who don't/can't dance. How ability to dance reflects on your datability, seeing as even an ass hole can learn to hold a rose in his mouth and tango, is entirely beyond me. Of course, I'm just bitter because I can't dance, My dyslexia messes with my sense of left and right, which in turn ruins my sense of balance. It's entirely thanks to this that I nearly missed out on the most huggable person at the con (not that all the other hug/glomps I got weren't wonderfully) if it hadn't been for the help of her friend. We danced (badly) for about 5 minutes, until I said something disgustingly cute and we spent the rest of the time hugging. As was said by a forum friend a while back "Pretty girls make everything better" ...even if they are dressed up like Riku from Kingdom Hearts.

I left the dance early. I wanted to bliss out in some peace and quiet. More dance floor craziness might have dislodged my brain from it's happy place. I don't care how awesome it was. MY night couldn't have gotten any better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, you shoulda asked that dance-girl out. ^^

Glad to see you had a good time. =D Sounds GREAT!

11:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, Muse IS going to be in Seattle. Tickets are pricey, though, esp. if you buy them online (a damn lot of fees from ticketmaster ._. cost me 45 dollars).

It's October 4. http://www.1077theend.com/ConcertCalendar.asp?artistid=8636

1:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home