sidebar title

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I woke up this morning with a cold, thus compleatly screwing my first few days off work since I got back from Sakuracon. I've spent the better part of the day exploring in spite of my illness, because the weather is nice and I've got stuff to do. Went down to UBC and the area north of where I work in East Van. It's clear that my honeymoon with Vancouver isn't over, It's still fun to just wander around.

The real kick in the teeth came when I was trying to arrange to move my phone over to a monthly plan. Apparently I have to pay a $200 deposit in spite of the fact I already OWN my handset outright. This has pretty much cleaned out my bank account. Nobody at fido will tell me what the $200 is against, as the worst I could POSSIBLY steal from them would be $30 by not paying for a month, at which I assume I would just be cut off. Even the lady at SWAP thought it was strange. I'm going to consult the guy that came to the initial swap meeting and told us about the phones on Thursday. If fido keep dicking me around I'm just going to find another provider. I'm too british to put up with this crap.

I have this vauge plan to get a chessboard and go play Chess against random strangers in a park somewhere. That is, if Fido don't rob me for every penny first ¬_¬

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fido? So you are renting you phone from a dog!! Perhaps he needs the deposit to put down on a new kennel somewhere nice in central Vacouver!

I think for you it could be a bad idea as how will you get the money back when you come back?

Why not find out about a few other schemes first.
M x x

4:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess they thought you might run up a huge bill ringing England and then skip off and not pay.

Might you not be better off with pay as you go but being better organised about topping it up?

4:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home