sidebar title

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I've got my second job! Cue "da money" and extream burnout. Wooo!

I went to see brick at the cinema yesterday, it was good. It managed to carry off being a Noir film set in highschool without coming off as being compleatly dumbed down. Part of the reason for this is the fact that the director preserved most of the language, which whilst making it harder to follow, does make it feel like a Noir film. All thats missing is trenchcoats, rain and neon street signs....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell us. What is this enigmatic second job?

5:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brick - I thought that was the material from which they built cinemas.

As for rain, trenchcoats and neon street signs - I immediately recognised the reference to "Singing in the Rain", although I didn't know that it was considered Film Noir.

How are dish-pan hands? No excuses when you come home now!

M x x x

6:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home