sidebar title

Monday, April 17, 2006

Well I'm INCREDIBLY tired right now. Yesterday I worked from 10am to 4:45pm at the coffee shop and then went to my training at my dishwashing job at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Gastown, I worked there between 5:30pm and 12:00pm. Then I went to bed, grabbed about 3 hours sleep, got up again and went to work at JJBean for 5:30 till 12:00. I'm only posting this right now in aid of making sure I sleep at night, rather than in the evening. Luckily, I've got the day off tommorow to recover.

I'm not happy with The Old Spaghetti Factory though. First, I was told my "training" was going to start at 5:00; which meant I rushed closing at JJ's so I wouldn't be late; this was VERY inconveniant because I was doing my second close of the Espresso Bar because the person closing with me had been working even less time than I had. I also apparently have funny expectations about what "training" is. Like the trainer is supposed to explain things to you, rather than give you jobs to keep you out of the way. That's why they get my share of the tips for my training sessions. It certainly didn't help that nearly everyone else who works in the dishwashing area has a heavy foriegn accent of some kind; I'll just go read my training manual more, I guess...

Anyway, reccount of the past couple of days. Hmmmm, where to start. Well I've got a new TV with some dead sexy Bose speakers in. It cost me $85 in total. $60 for the set, $25 for a van taxi to get it back. It's still sitting on my floor because I can't lift it by myself. One of the major advantages is that I can route my MP3 player through the speakers to make it an ad-hoc sound systerm. I've also bought an electric kettle, because I want to be able to make tea in my own room. I've also changed the arrangement of my room so that my desk is under the window so it gets more light (so I can write in my new diary easier, ZOMG, organisation). This had made some space that I'm thinking about putting a futon that Greg wants to get rid of in.

My shoes have done absolutly sterling service for my dishwashing job. I was told it was going to be wet. Even though I seriously underestimated how wet, my feet remained bone dry even though my shoes haven't seen a water proof covering in about two years. My jacket I bought has worked really well too, I've walked around in the pouring rain in it, not so much as a drip of water and got it dry the next morning.

Speaking of being out in the wet, I'll explain how I ended wandering around in the rain. My tuesday night out was a miserable failier, the bar was dead for about two hours. I met a nice girl who works at the Royal called Heather who bought me a shot...anyway; yeah, on Thursday I went out for the SWAP night at the Beaver (the pub in the Annex of the SameSun hostel) , I didn't acctauly end up speaking to my SWAP buddies as much as all the hostel goers curious about my recent departure. After that I decided to head out and check out the band that played at the Cellar on a Thursday, as it had been recommended to me, and I was in the mood for some semi-good covers of classic british tunes.

So I've had a pitcher at the Beaver (keep in mind I'm the kind of person who can go through at least two pitchers in on evening before I'm tipping over into the relms of seriously wasted) and then head down to the Cellar, I grab on pint there, whilst I settle in at around 11pm, after that I'm dirnking nothing but water and juice, untill 1am, when the Bouncer kicks me out for being too wasted. The amazing conclusion, either he's incredibly slow (I had walked past various Bouncers in the same club 3-4 times the same evening after I had stopped drinking) or they just like to kick out people who don't spend enough money on alcohol (which is a little unfair as I had alread paid a $6 cover just to get in). I had been having a great time too.

Anyway, life goes on. It's going to be tuesday afternoon in...24 hours. Somone recommended I check out Celebrities as they have a 2$ special too. It should be busier this week as school is out.

Oh, and yes mother, I've got no excuse for at home, as long as you buy me a big industrial sized dishwaser. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duncan,

Did it escape your notice? We have got a dishwasher of an adequate size for our family!! Perhaps you will be able to spot it when you come back!!

Glad to hear you are sorting out you room.

By the way, what is it with you and bouncers?

We all expect more news now you are beginning to sort yourself out.

By the way, you also have a foreign accent!

M x x x

5:00 pm  
Blogger Titch said...

Nope, I'm afraid it's industrial sized or nothing. There are very SUBTLE differances in the way they opperate you see...

10:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I read this entry I kept hearing your accent. XD

I miss youuu D= I haven't talked to you in ages, but I don't know when I can call, since your jobs are keeping you so busy.

12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ollie,

Even members of his family have trouble getting hold of him.

Such Dedication!

3:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home