sidebar title

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ok, so it's been a while since I made a post. I've been a bit busy with sleeping in the aftermarth of last weeks disaster. I did manage to find time to go to The Railway Club one night to catch some live music. It's an odd place, quite narrow and chopped in two by a big square bar in the middle. I liked it, the who venue was nice and intimate at the front and quiet enough at the back to have a drink and a chat. It also had some really nice accoustics, despite it being on top of a 7-11 store.

The second act to play (the first was a band called "Folk You!" whatever you imagened is probably more intresting than the truth, so I'll leave it at that.) was a girl playing the piano and singing. I have to admit, somehow I don't see her voice carrying a solo career. The intresting thing was, within the first 30 seconds of watching her play, I could tell that she normaly played on a real piano, rather than an keyboard type. It was quiet gratifying when between the first and second songs she said something along the lines of "apparently, this is a piano". Clearly I'm not totaly musicaly inept :).

I had a chat with her after (something else I love about going to see small bands), she told me that the Railway Club is a popular place to play and that it did used to have a piano. I found myself going through the same spiel about how I'm a brit on a years working visa, it's getting to be second nature now. I have decided next time somone asks me where I work I'm going to tell them I protect the planet from evil omnipotent demons who want to take away free will, but thats a story for another day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that it is always the girls that you seem to have a little chat with!

3:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and gay Finlanders.

9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home