sidebar title

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It's been a long fortnight. I worked for 7 days, went to the PNE on my day off (busy, crowds, lots of walking around...) and then worked for another 6 days. I feel pretty dead now. I also missed work one morning because my ex-manager wrote me in to work on a day when I said "maybey" as opposed to "yes, of course...".

So, let me think, I've agreed to take my level 2 test at work. I guess it's a good thing I've been working so much and got some practice in. Right now, we're badly understaffed (two staff members short, another one soon to leave) and it's getting fairly stressfull. I worked four days in a row behind the coffee bar totaly about 24 hours. Making esspresso is tiring, hot, and currently (thanks to a lack of co-worker support) stressful work, so I'm now totaly beat.

The PNE was fun, I met up with Sara (A Yuffie cosplayer I met at Anime Evolution) and hung out with them. Asside from the shows though; there wasn't that much to do. I refused to shell out $30 to go on Playland rides. Thanks to general disorganisation on my partys part, we only made it to about 3 shows. I did get a free Shammy, Tee-shirt and fruit rollup though. The magic show was pretty good, there where some awesome breakdancing routines in the intermission that renewed my intrest in the subject. Too bad I lack the motivation to pay money for lessons.

Went out with Kaila one night for drinks and some food, to hear horrific tales of Vancouvers underground culture. I've added Yaggers to my repitoir for my Vancouver Boozing guide. Kinda liked it, except I had an arguement with the sever about my ID. He seemed to think that I should carry around $100 worth of passport all the time because I looked young for my age. It makes me so angry. I've moved out of home, gone abroad, I'm entirely responsible for my own welfare and yet I can't just stop by somewhere for a beer without carrying around an essential and valuable document arround with me all the time. Stupid laws.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you pass your level 2 does it mean you get another pay rise? Sounds good news if it does. Which will mean there is some advantage to all this hard work.

2:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PNE?? Is that anthing like PMT? Sounds as if it is?

Ciao!

M x x x

11:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duncan, It is now 14th September. Are you still out there?
M x x x

8:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I carry around 75$ worth of drivers licence with me, along with idon'tknowhowmuchitwouldcosttoreplace care card and SIN card, as well as a credit card that, if stolen, could leave me 1000$ in the hole. <_<

My wallets contents are more 'spensive than yours, yet I never leave home without it. D:

12:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duncan.

15th September.
Please make a post.

9:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duncan, have you been stolen along with your bicycle?

4:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he's got himself a girlfriend.

3:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was right. I was right. I was right.

2:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home